EXPORTING CONTENT OUT OF TOOLBOOK
Are you looking for a way to extract all of the content out of a ToolBook file (images, text, etc.) so that you can repurpose that information elsewhere? Perhaps you need to create a PowerPoint presentation using much of the same information that is found in your ToolBook file and having access to the same text and images would make this process simpler.
Unfortunately there is no simple EXPORT feature to do this extraction, but there are several Tools in ToolBook to allow you to extract various elements of your file.
- You will notice that you can't simply copy/paste images from within ToolBook into another product.
- To Batch Export all images used within a ToolBook file, use the LiveXtension called Resource Importer/Exporter
- You will notice that you can't simply copy/paste text field objects from within ToolBook into another product.
- If you wanted to copy/paste text, you first need to select just the text (the actual characters) that you want to copy.
- To Batch Export all of the text at once, you'll find an option to do that in the menus by selecting Tools | Export | All Text
- Audio and Video are not stored within a ToolBook file, they are always stored external to ToolBook.
- Because of this there is no need to try to extract Audio/Video from a ToolBook file.
- Interactive Objects (those typically found in the Catalog such as Question Objects and Navigation Button) cannot be exported.
- However the text and images used as part of those can be exported using the methods listed above.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Write eBooks for the Kindle