RELEASE NOTES FOR TOOLBOOK 10.5
June 15, 2010
The following general issues should be noted when using ToolBook 10.5.
- Errors can occur in Firefox 3.0 and 3.5 when using a UMP on a page with a Match Item question
When you have a Universal Media Player and a Match Item question on the same page, errors can occur in Firefox 3.0 and 3.5 if you try to control the UMP with action sequences. Note that this issue does not occur in Firefox 3.6.
- The 64-bit version of Internet Explorer does not support Neuron
The 64-bit version of Internet Explorer does not allow the installation of ToolBook’s browser plug-in called Neuron.
- Single-select list boxes in ToolBook content do not work in the iPad version of Mobile Safari
A single-select list box offers a list of options to the user. Once an option is selected, the text of that option is displayed in the single-select list box. However, on an iPad, the text of the selected option does not get displayed.
- Button Clicks are registered twice on some Windows Mobile devices
When a button is clicked on some Windows Mobile devices, the button-click event is triggered two times instead of just once.
- Selection made in the single-select list box not captured in Windows Mobile
When an option is selected within a single-select list box on the Windows Mobile browser, the selected line is displayed as being selected (appears in blue color). However, if you click on anything else on the page, the selected line appears unselected, even though it has been selected.
- Borderless scrolling field doesn't display scrollbar in Windows Mobile
When viewing DHTML published content in the Windows Mobile browser, a borderless scrolling field doesn't display a scrollbar, even if the field has overflowing text.
- Quiz Summary does not render in Windows Mobile
The Quiz Summary object does not get displayed on the Windows Mobile browser. Only the frame is displayed, without anything in it.
- Pages do not automatically adjust their size to fit the Windows Mobile device's screen
ToolBook content normally adjusts its size when running on mobile devices, in order to best fit the screen size. The Windows Mobile web browser does not support this feature. As a work-around, the user can manually zoom to fit the content.
- AVI, WAV, and MPG files do not play on Windows Mobile
The Windows Mobile browser is unable to play AVI, WAV, and MPG files that have been embedded into ToolBook courses.
- Mobile devices using versions of Android prior to 2.0 do not support geolocation
Mobile devices with Android 1.6 and earlier do not support the W3C standard for geolocation.
- The 64-bit version of Office 2010 does not support PowerPoint Publish to ToolBook
Under 64-bit Office 2010, it is not possible to install the PowerPoint add-in that publishes presentations to ToolBook. The add-in is supported by Office 2007 and the 32-bit version of Office 2010.
WHERE TO FIND MORE INFORMATION
An overview of the geolocation feature is available in ToolBook online Help.
- Mobile Devices
A knowledge base article is available In the ToolBook Knowledge base.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create EPub books