When launching a DHTML exported course from Aspen or TotalLMS, the resulting SCORM window is too small (approx 50x50 pixels) and cannot be resized.
An Aspen/TotalLMS bug exists which can be identified as follows. If your ToolBook content is launched via SCORM from Aspen/TotalLMS you may find that the SCORM window is too small and cannot be resized.
- If your ToolBook content was exported without a launch page, then the SCORM player will host the ToolBook content window, and since the SCORM player is too small, so too is the ToolBook content.
- If your ToolBook content was exported with a launch page, then the ToolBook content will show at the correct size in its own window while the SCORM window becomes small and non-resizable.
It is possible to fix this by:
Using a ToolBook solution
See The ToolBook Solution below
Using an Aspen solution
Obtain HOTFIX 38630 from Aspen Support for this problem. This Hotfix will ensure that this 50x50 window shows up at a more reasonable size of 800x600.
The ToolBook Solution
First, in order to use this ToolBook solution you must export your ToolBook course as SCORM 1.2 content (but don't choose the generic SCORM 1.2. Instead export as one of the SumTotal specific SCORM 1.2 options such as):
- TotalLMS (SCORM 1.2)
- Aspen LMS (SCORM 1.2)
Doing this will tell the Export engine to add SumTotal LMS specific XML tags into the SCORM IMSManifest file, which the LMS will then use to show the window at the correct size.
If you are not using a Launch Page
- Simply use ToolBook to export your book. ToolBook will automatically add the Book Size (height and width) the IMSManifest file, so that the SumTotal LMS can read and then utilize that size.
If you are using a Launch Page
- Open the following INI file using NOTEPAD
C:\Program Files\ToolBook\ToolBook 11.5\Instructor115.ini
- Search for a section within this file called: [Special]
- If there is no [Special] section, insert a few blank lines at the top of the file so that we can add one.
- Add the following entry to your INI file. Note that you can modify this size to suite your needs.
- Save the INI file and exit NOTEPAD
Now, when you export your book, the size of 600,400 will be used when the LMS opens the Launch Page.
KEYWORDS: ROD_QC_defect_2209 20558 P823
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured Help generator